For nearly forty years, Intercity Lines has worked with “snowbirds”- individuals who are looking for a reliable and convenient way to take their beloved cars with them to warmer weather for the winter or back for the summer. These “snowbirds” have been some of our most loyal customers over the years, relying on Intercity Lines’ enclosed auto transport services to Florida to transport their cars to and from the Northeast to the Southeast. Intercity Lines makes shipping a car to Florida and back to your other seasonal homes easy with fully enclosed auto transport, expert drivers, and weekly shipments to and from Florida. We also provide peace of mind with our $2 million worth of cargo insurance that covers your vehicle from the time it’s picked up to the time it’s delivered. Our expert drivers and lift gate equipped enclosed trailers will ensure your car is protected throughout its’ journey and our drivers will keep you up to date until the car is delivered to you. By providing enclosed car transport to Florida, vehicle owners rest easy knowing they can rely on Intercity Lines to safely transport their vehicles from one driveway to another. With Intercity Lines, vehicle owners can enjoy their most prized vehicles at all times regardless of where the season takes them.
- Door-to-door (some restrictions may apply) fully enclosed transport anywhere within the continental United States.
- 2 million dollars worth of cargo insurance that covers your vehicle from pick up to delivery.
- Our expert drivers ensure high-value vehicles are always safe and sound during transport!
- Customer service you deserve. Our professional drivers will keep you up to date throughout transport, and our experienced office is always a call away to help set up your transport, provide updates, and answer any questions you may have.
- We track your vehicle’s shipment from start to finish, so we always know where your vehicle is.
- Our enclosed auto transport service to Florida is the safest auto transport available. Liftgate loading, 2 covers to protect your vehicle, seat and floor covers, and the safest securement with over the tire nylon straps.
- Confidential Services: We’re truckers, not car dealers. So there’s never a conflict of interest, and we take privacy extremely seriously.
Frequently Asked Questions When Shipping a Car to Florida:
If you don’t see your question below please visit Frequently Asked Auto Transport Questions for a more extensive list.
Intercity Lines schedules snowbird vehicle transport to and from Florida on a weekly basis. We do not take a deposit, so we just ask that you fill out our shipping request form and let us know what week you would like your car picked up. Our pick up schedules typically run from Sunday to that following Sunday and transit time is typically 3-5 days from when the vehicle was picked up. This schedule is not guaranteed due to the many variables we encounter, but we do everything we can to stay within that 7 day pick up window. We do tend to book up at least a month ahead, so always be sure to get your vehicle scheduled as soon as you can!
Many snowbirds ask if they can pack their vehicles before they are transported to or from their 2nd home. Most companies do not allow you to pack extra items in the vehicle due to liability and federal weight regulations all carriers must follow. Intercity Lines does allow you to pack up to 100 lbs of items in your vehicle. Typically 2 full suitcases will meet the 100lb limit. If the driver arrives and feels that the additional items weight significantly more than 100lbs we will be forced to apply a $250 packing fee to your order unless the items are unpacked. We do not take responsibility for these items, so please ensure they are well packed and secured in the vehicle being transported. We ask that these items are not placed in either of the front seats or in a place where they will obstruct the driver’s view out of any of the windows.